Monday, February 26, 2007

Favorite Movies

It seems some of the 2008 presidential candidates have revealed their favorite movies. I can't say I'm too surprised by Rudy's choice (The Godfather). It is a great movie and one of my favorites. And I'm shocked! Shocked at Hillary's choice (not really). Remember, we'll always have the 90's. I'm rather upset that Barack didn't chime in. Now I'm dying to know which movie is his favorite.

But picking a favorite movie isn't always that easy. Maybe some people have it easy and have a clear favorite, but not me. I happen to love both of the above movies. And there's so many other great dramas and comedies that I love that it would be unfair to single any ones out (cheat: The Day The Earth Stood Still, A Fish Called Wanda). But if I had to pick just one, I guess I'd have to go with a silly one. I can't help it but I love this movie.

Which brings me to candidate John Edwards. I gotta love a guy whose favorite movie has the same lead actor as my choice. Besides, nuclear (or is it nucular?) proliferation is once again a hot topic--just check out this opinion piece by Lawrence Krauss (yes, the same Lawrence Krauss I ripped into here. I agree with him on this {and actually most} topic).

Take it away, Jack Ripper!

No comments: