Friday, February 02, 2007

Groundhog Day

Today Punxsutawney Phil, the famous Woodchuck, didn't see his shadow and so foretold of an early spring. I caught up with Phil after the momentous event.

"Hello Phil, you look very tired."

"Yes Javier, it's been a very long day. It seems like you're the millionth person I've talked to today."

"Well then, I'll keep it brief--and not ask about your shadow."

"Thank you."

"So tell me Phil. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

"That's a very good question, Javier. And believe it or not, I actually get that question a lot. I would have to say that ... a woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood."

"Thank you so much for your time, Phil."

"The pleasure was all mine."

No comments: