Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl destiny

It's Superbowl time! The big question now is "Who will God give the game to?" Back in 2000, God made the Rams win, as evidenced in the testimony of winning quarterback Kurt Warner.

Immediately after the Rams' victory at the Super Bowl, an interviewer began, "Kurt, first things first--tell me about the final touchdown pass to Isaac." Kurt responded, "Well, first things first, I've got to thank my Lord and Savior up above--thank You, Jesus!"

Obviously Jesus didn't like the Titans, but can you blame him? After all, Titans are pagan gods--false gods. In my exhaustive search, I was unable to find a video of that fabulous interview. I did, however happen upon this Real Time clip of Bill Maher and Andrew Sullivan talking about Mr. Warner's opposition to stem cell research.



I am compelled to say a few words on that clip--not for anything Kurt Warner said (he's clearly an idiot) but Andrew Sullivan is actually pretty smart. He says:

"I live with a disease that ten years ago they told me I'd be dead by now ... HIV. And they worked really hard and they managed to create a set of pills that keep me alive. And I thank God for those pharmaceutical companies that did that, by the way."

Hey, at least he acknowledged the middleman. So let's see. God (who delivered Kurt Warner's victory) first gave us AIDS (to punish our society per Jerry Falwell), then gave us the pharmaceutical companies to develop treatments. What a wacky guy--mysterious ways indeed.

But none of this answers the important question about tonight's game. I think the only solution is to ask Mr. Deity himself.



You should check out the other Mr. Deity episodes. You might find Lucifer tempting; I know I felt the heat--Hell Hath No Fury!

No comments: