Friday, February 16, 2007

Ready, set ... cheat!


First, let me just say that I love that picture! I got it from this Chris Beam column in Slate. He explains how one can cheat in NASCAR--a rather appropriate topic given the huge cheating scandal at the Daytona 500 which has even tainted the popular Jeff Gordon (though he didn't intentionally cheat; his case would be akin to an Olympic athlete who didn't realize that there were minute traces of a banned substance in his/her cold medication).

I find this all very interesting being that my sport (bicycling) is still under the pall of doping. Speaking of cycling, it seems that disgraced Tour de France champion Floyd Landis will be releasing his autobiography on the opening day of this year's Tour. Perhaps he should name it If I had doped for the Tour, this is how I did it.

No comments: